Monday, January 5, 2015

Post the Selfie or Nah?


"The meaning of life is to find your gift,  The purpose of life is to give it away." Picasso

 When is the last time you took a selfie?  Before recently, it would have taken me quite some time to give an answer.  However, lately I have been in selfie overload.  Teamtoomuch?  Possibly.  Instead of sharing way too many pictures of my face on social media, I decided to bring it to my little bitty blog.  I consider my blog my personal space and I can post as many selfies, quotes and anything else to my heart's content.

With that being said, here is this week's today's selfie.  This picture is actually from yesterday.  I was headed to church and boy did I have a good time.  Usually, I have a little person and a medium person in tow.  Yesterday, my sister had both of my boys and I was able to fully enjoy service all alone.  As I sat there crying, the Lord really began to speak to me.  Here lately, I have found myself wrapped up in material and physical things.

How does my hair look?  Are these shoes cute?  Look at that new bag!  How can  I get it.

As I sat and listened to the choir sing, I heard the Lord speaking to me loud and clear.  What good is it to be cute if you are not serving a purpose?  That one question convicted me to the point I was ashamed.  When had I allowed myself to become so shallow?  I mean if I died tomorrow, what would people say in my memory?

 "She sure was cute!"  "Ton sure did have a nice red dress last Sunday..."  "That girl knows she had some pretty eye brows!"

I made a promise to myself that I would be just as concerned about how my life and existence affects others as I currently am about my appearance.  Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance.  There is also nothing wrong with loving yourself and taking a million selfies....However, these things should not be your ALL.

Now, these are just my little thoughts.  Carry on with your day ya hear?  =)

Ton

No comments:

Post a Comment