Thursday, December 4, 2014

Aztec and Ankle Boots

"Real style is never right or wrong. It's a matter of being yourself on purpose."

It's Thumping Thursday which means we are one day closer to the weekend. That along is reason enough to smile!  I've had a very busy and trying week but I decided to take a quick moment to snap a quick phone pic.  As you can see, I have not done a very good job maintaining my blog.  **insert look of shame**  Instead of making excuses, I will just make more of an effort to get here and get to posting!  If for nothing else to keep a journal of my personal style.

Today I wanted to be dressy yet comfortable so I decided to wear a dress.  I absolutely love wearing dresses.  I can't explain why but for some reason I just feel prettier in a dress....well...most dresses.  I snagged this cute little peplum hem dress from one of Ann Taylor's awesome 60 or 70 percent off sales.  My first thought was to pair it with a blazer but I went for comfort and threw on my aztec cardigan.  I was actually pretty pleased with the look.  I added a few minimal accessories and a pair of ankle boots and I was out the door.


Wearing:  Ann Taylor Sweater Dress|  Hue tights|  Random Aztec Cardigan| Jessica Simpson Denver Booties

Speaking of ankle books, let me just say, this time last year I would have never worn a pair of ankle boots.  I have always been a little self conscious about my legs.  I hated seeing a gap of any size between my legs/ankle and the boot.  As I viewed more fashion blogs and magazines, I decided to give it a try.  Now I can't stop buying booties!  I absolutely love this look.  When I think of all the cute booties I have left at the store over the years because of a silly insecurity, I could slap myself.

What about you?  Do you find a particular fashion trend appealing but are afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone?

2 comments:

  1. You're one hot mama honey! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!' Two thumbs up and I'm with you on the booties... I love them also!!

    ReplyDelete