Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Lipstick Anyone?

Before I had my son, it was nothing to get up in the morning and fix myself up before work.  After my son arrived, I could not figure out how on earth I had the time, energy or even desire to do that.  Soon I started just putting on clothes that were clean and wearing my hair in a ponytail.  I went from putting effort in my appearance to really not caring.  I don't know about you but when I look better I feel better.  After my son got a little older, I challenged myself to find my way back to Ton before she was too far gone.

One of the challenges I have given myself is to get back to wearing makeup.  Although I used to wear makeup often before my son, I have never had a nice variety of lipsticks.  I usually stick with a nude Mac lipglass such as Spite or C-Thru and wear that baby with everything.  Well lately, I have started stepping out of my comfort zone.  I will admit, when I first apply the lipstick, I feel like Homey the Clown.  I've had to force myself not to remove it on a few occasions.

Here are two of my recent experiences with lipstick.  I have had NYX Shocking Pink lipstick for quite sometime.  I believe I may have gotten it while I was expecting.  I believe I read somewhere that it is a dupe for some Mac lip color (don't make me lie). Any who, on Thanksgiving I was wearing dark colors with a colorful scarf.  I decided to give Shocking Pink a try.  I am glad I did!  I was very pleased with the results.

Today I decided to step WAY out of my comfort zone and try something totally different.  A few months ago I saw one of my fav IG chicks wearing a very pretty shade of brown.  I stalked and stalked but I could not find the particular shade and brand she was wearing.  My search lead me to my beloved Pinterest and I discovered another NYX lipstick Maison.  Apparently this shade is very popular, I was searching for Maison and two other shades for a little longer than I anticipated.  I am happy to have found Maison but I will be even happier to find the other two. But back to Maison, when I got home and tried on the lipstick, I felt foolish.  A brown lippie looks very different on people and mine certainly did NOT look like the inspiration picture.  I decided to try the lipstick again after applying a foundation and eyeliner.  I will admit that I am not head over heels for this color but the longer I wore it today the more I liked it!  Now how special is that? Any who, here is a pic of me this morning in my NYX Maison.

What about you?  Do you have a favorite lippie?  Who is it by?  Help this milady resurrect her swag style. 

1 comment: