Thursday, March 10, 2011

You want me to pay HOW much?


My last post, I mentioned deciding on a venue for my wedding/reception next March. Well quite a lot has happened since my last post. Let's see...

1. I had a melt down after feeling I did not have ANY support from my MOH and Mother.
2. Called my FI and told him let's just elope.
3. Decided to have a get married at the courthouse and take dreamy honeymoon.
4. Moved up the date.
5. Got depressed because I wanted SOME form of a wedding
6. Decided on a Destination Wedding/Honeymoon.
7. Decided on the location.
8. Got FREAKIN excited.

When I called my sweetie in tears, he did the best possible thing. He listened. He let me get it ALL out and when I told him I no longer wanted a wedding. After MUCH conversation...we decided that a destination wedding would be best. When I shared the news with friends and family, everyone asked was I sure I wanted to do it that way. Well the answer came when we received the contract from the venue we'd selected before our change of plans. The contract listed a price significantly higher than quoted during our consultation. Welp...it's set in stone!

Destination wedding...here we come! I couldn't be more excited. I have already contacted a travel agent and we plan to pay our deposit to get the ball rolling.

Next up....Engagement pictures! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment