Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Home Decor Inspiration: The Modern Vintage Bathroom


I am still working to develop a plan for the many redecorating projects in my future. Although DH and I were live in's before the marriage, I have not made too many changes to our home. For one, we do not plan to be in this house too much longer. Secondly, all of my time and money has been invested in others things like say..our wedding. :-)

With the wedding behind us, I am ready to dive head first into home decor projects. Yet, I have only found myself overwhelmed. So, I have decided to sit down and create an inspiration board, or sort, to paint a picture of the desired results. Our house is small and yet I am still unsure where to start. Part of this is because there are so many areas that require attention. Another factor in this is my tend to be easily distracted. Which further encourages a plan and visual guide for the overall project.

I have been searching the web for ideas and inspiration. Houzz.com has become a girl's best friend. Today, I stumbled upon some random niche blog with awesome pictures of homes decorated in contemporary and modern decor. DH is partial to the modern/contemporary look. I can go either way but I actually prefer the vintage or traditional look.

When I heard the term "modern vintage" I scratched my head. One would think the term was an oxymoron. However, when I saw these images, my heart skipped a beat.





This one is not modern vintage but simply vintage and it made my heart flutter! :-)


**images courtesy of beinteriordecorator.com**

1 comment:

  1. These are all great options to consider, and I'm sure you had a hard time choosing. Care to tell which one did you choose? Well, if you ask me, I would go for the third photo. It's simple but elegant-looking. I like how they design the room in terms of the material used particularly the shower and faucet, and how they placed the shower near the toilet that has a good distance away from the sink.
    = Roland Duffer @ FlintShirePlumbers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete